As I search through the endless blogs and myriad forum threads I occasionally come across some really interesting pictures, painting techniques or modeling ideas. Here are a few that I think you all might be interested in. I found these back in December, but with the holidays I got delayed in posting them up.
Probably the coolest set of Khorne daemon conversions and grim-dark object-source lighted (OSL) models I’ve seen in the last few months.
First off, this is MY rumor, based upon nothing other than wild speculation and while I’m probably wrong, it would be awesome if I’m right. I know nothing about what could be in such a book, but this is what I think SHOULD be in a proper Tzeentch supplement.
- All units must be marked or daemons of Tzeentch (or CSM vehicle units that cannot be marked).
- Daemonic instability rule is relaxed to allow cross joining of ICs and units between codices.
If we got NOTHING else, this would be freaking awesome!
In this installment of the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch build, eagle style, I continue constructing the model I started in part 1, here. When I left off the last article I was searching for a solution to my “wing problem.” I had acquired a metal set of folded wings from a Fateweaver model; however, their weight more than tripled the model’s total weight and I was less than comfortable with the spindly eagle legs’ ability to hold the weight of the wings aloft without long-term damage to the model itself. I stumbled across the Cockatrice model at the local GW store while looking for possible alternatives. A bit pricey (but not as much as Fateweaver or a Lord of Change) and I think I can use the rest of the bits for other conversions. The snake tail will make a good Slaanesh conversion and the head might work on another Tzeentch Soul Grinder. As it turns out, I like the half reptilian, half avian flair to the wings. They blend the daemon prince and eagle aesthetic nicely. Continue reading
My most recent painting project is one I’ve been eyeing for quite some time. Ultraforge makes an amazing model, the Pleasure Demon. It is a bit on the naughty side, but oh well. Puritanical Americans will need to get over it. I finally pulled the trigger on the model a few months ago and decided to start painting it after taking a class by Misterjustin a few weekends ago. The flesh is going to be a pinkish-purpleish color and I’m planning on blending the flesh to get the results I desire. Something tells me this will take far longer than I imagine.
This is the model after some mold line cleanup. Not too bad, but a bit more than I had hoped for. I also need to fill some bubbles on the underside of one thigh. Continue reading
I’ve been meaning to build another Daemon Prince to add to my Tzeentch themed Chaos Daemon/ Chaos Space Marine Army. I’ve seen a few conversions on the internets that use parts from the Island of Blood Griffon. The problem with them has been the wings. The Griffon wings just don’t work. I think I’ve got a solution to that problem, but it will have to wait for part 2.
Here is the progress I’ve made this weekend; play-by-play (since the 49ers have a bye week). I started by adding some green stuff to the inside of the back torso half. When I magnetized wings on my regular daemon prince I needed this mass to allow me to drill into the body. For this model I think I’m going to need the extra mass to anchor the wings I’m going to use.